Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC

Get Your Questions Answered Today

(908) 645-1006

Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC

Adjustment of Status Attorney in Plainfield, NJ - Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC
Deciding to begin the process of becoming a permanent resident of the U.S. is exciting. No one wants this prospect to turn into a drudging and anxiety-ridden affair.

Our team at The Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC is proud to offer adjustment of status services for all of your legal immigration needs. We understand that issues about your legal status can get in the way of daily life and your plans for the future and we are prepared to take every action to get you on the path toward your goals.

What Is Adjustment Of Status?

Adjustment of Status (AOS) is the process that grants you Legal Permanent Residency in the U.S., but it does not give you citizenship. AOS also allows you to pursue permanent residency without returning to your home country to complete the visa change process.

The process of AOS will be different for each person. Depending on the circumstances of your present immigration status and history, the approach our firm takes will need to change. Our understanding and prioritization of clients’ needs allows us to tailor our services to your specific goals and desires.

I-485 Adjustment Of Status Process Attorneys

The process to apply for adjustment of status may seem daunting.  However, it is important to remember that our team of experienced I-485 lawyers will be with you every step of the way. We will do everything in our power to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly and successfully as possible.

When pursuing adjustment of status, you will need to file an I-485 form with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The I-485 is the Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. At first look, this form is complicated and can be overwhelming.

Among other things, the form requires biographical information that will provide the primary purpose for your adjustment of status. Working to craft this application can be stressful, but with the help of an experienced attorney at our firm, you can feel confidant that you are putting your best application forward.

How Do I Apply For An Adjustment Of Status Through Marriage?

The first step to applying for an adjustment of status through marriage is determining your green card eligibility. Many different factors affect a person’s eligibility – chief among them is the requirement that your marriage was legally recognized in the state in which it took place. For those worrying about overstay issues, you can take comfort in knowing that legal marriage to a U.S. citizen effectively resolves that barrier in the green card application process.

To apply for adjustment of status through marriage, both the applying spouse and the U.S. citizen spouse must be living in the United States during the entire time leading up to the application. At this point, applicants must file Form I-485 with supporting documentation such as photographs, birth certificates, diplomas or degrees, and a marriage certificate.

If you are curious about how to apply for an adjustment of status through marriage, you have come to the right place. Our firm has helped countless couples through the process of obtaining a green card, and we would be happy to speak with you about any of your questions or concerns.

How Can A Green Card Lawyer From Our Firm Help In Your Adjustment of Status Case?

It’s possible to apply for an adjustment of status without legal representation. However, the process can be long and convoluted for someone who has never experienced it before. In addition, errors in the initial filing process can result in delays and complications. Luckily,  working with an attorney at our firm can help!

If you are considering filing for an Adjustment of Status through your marriage to a United States citizen or green card holder, retaining the services of a reputable attorney would be in your best interest. An attorney can work to ensure that all your filings are correctly completed and that any documentation you may need is included.

A qualified Green Card lawyer at our firm can work with you through every step of the process, helping to ensure that your case meets the requirements for approval by USCIS. We will do everything in our power to ensure that your questions are answered, and every concern you may have is addressed with professionalism and care.

The Law Offices Of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC

If you are looking for a Plainfield, NJ adjustment of status lawyer, don’t hesitate to contact The Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC today. We would be happy to speak with you about your case and begin finding the results that can help you pursue your exciting future.

Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC

Get Your Questions Answered Today
(908) 645-1006

Translate »
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U