Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC

Get Your Questions Answered Today

(908) 645-1006

Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC

Plainfield NJ Business Immigration Attorneys - Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLCThe Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuiness, LLC are pleased to offer a full range of legal services to individuals seeking counsel and representation on business immigration matters in Plainfield, New Jersey.

If you are an employer seeking to protect your employees or are a foriegn national seeking to work with a U.S. based company, our office of experienced and highly skilled immigration attorneys is here to help.

What Is Business Immigration Law?

Business immigration is the most varied and constantly changing aspect of immigration law. It focuses on dealing with employment-based green cards, investor visas, work visas, and permanent residence for talented individuals.

No matter your skills or professional involvement in a business as an owner, investor, artist, employee, etc., it is imperative that you have proper legal documentation and support in order to protect yourself and your career. New jobs can be an incredibly exciting prospect, and securing the legal right to work in the U.S. is the first step toward your future success.

In the U.S., it is most common for individuals seeking a business visa to require sponsorship from a U.S. employer. However in the case of individuals with talents that are of national interest to the U.S., it may be possible to petition for a business visa through self-sponsorship.

What Is A Business Visa And How Is It Different From A Work Permit?

Business visas and work permits are two distinct types of documents that enable specific kinds of action when travelling or doing business in the United States.

A business visa is usually issued to individuals who are coming to the U.S. on business matters, but are not going to be participating in activities that would be considered as labor or gainful employment. These non-labor activities can vary, but generally include things such as participating in meetings, attending conferences, and investigating opportunities or ventures.

Work permits are issued to individuals who are seeking to earn income or be directly compensated for their labor overseas. This activity may take on a wide variety of positions or enterprises.

It is usually important and very helpful to speak with an immigration attorney in regards to your particular situation in order to determine which kind of authorization you should seek and what you might need in order to be approved.

What Kinds Of Business Visas For The USA Does This Firm Handle?

Our firm has over 15 years of experience in practicing immigration law and we are proud to offer a full range of legal services for any immigration matter you may need representation or counsel for.

In particular, we see a higher volume of cases concerning some of the more popular visa matters in our office. Below is a list of these visas and brief descriptions of what they cover.

  • O-1/2 Nonimmigrant Visas: These visas cover both business and/or recreational purposes. The B-1 for business allows the holder to participate in conferences or meetings to discuss business matters. The B-2 for tourism allows for travel, medical procedures, participation in short, non-academic classes (such as a short cooking class), and amateur, unpaid involvement in competitions of athletic or artistic nature.
  • L Nonimmigrant Work Visa: This visa allows for individuals to work for a current employer in any managerial or supervisory position, or in a capacity that requires specialization. This employment can be at a branch, parent company, affiliate company, or subsidiary of their employer. To qualify for this visa, you must have been employed by the same employer you will be working for over the period of one consecutive year within the last three years.
  • H-1B Nonimmigrant Work Visa: These visas are required for individuals who seek to work in a specialty occupation. To qualify for this visa, you must have earned a degree from an institution of higher education or an equivalent. This can include people with distinguished merit and responsibility, or government employees.
  • R-1 Nonimmigrant Religious Workers Visa: These visas allow individuals to work in the US on a minimum part-time basis as ministers or in positions of a religious occupation. To qualify, you must have been a recognized member of a recognized religious organization for a minimum of the past two years consecutively.

More Information

What Can A Business Immigration Attorney In Plainfield, NJ Do For Me?

Whatever your particular situation, acquiring a visa can be a complicated and time-consuming process. At any point, if you make a misstep or neglect to include any necessary documentation, you run the risk of losing out on the time and money you have spent and even complete denial of your application.

A business immigration attorney is highly specialized in the visa process and is an invaluable resource when starting and completing any phase of your visa application. If you have questions about a business visa, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC for a consultation today.

Law Offices of Patrick C. McGuinness, LLC

Get Your Questions Answered Today
(908) 645-1006

Translate »
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U